AIT OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS IN STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
A world-class program with practical experience delivered to you in a Blended Learning (online + in class) environment. This program is designed for structural engineers, by structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, and construction engineers with extensive professional experience and involved in tall buildings projects.
PM-TB is a flexible learning approach combining online and in-class aspects of learning. The program is designed keeping in view the recent dominance of tall building projects and the need for engineers to be equipped with better tools and skill sets to design safer structures. The focus of the program includes advanced knowledge on state of the art methodologies, techniques, and tools that can be applied in structural design of tall buildings. Developing your design and leadership skills to formulate innovative systems and solutions, on the job learning wherein the student can benefit from experiential learning by doing a variety of assignments, aligned with the students’ existing professional commitments. The program is directed towards practicing engineers with a minimum of three years’ relevant experience. it will also provide opportunity to do project work at a leading structural engineering/infrastructure company in South East Asia as well as in-class sessions conducted by professionals from leading structural engineering companies. PM-TB is offered by Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) Department, School of Engineering and Technology and managed by AIT Solutions where in the course will be delivered by CIE Department and managed by AIT Solutions. The online course content will be delivered through the e-learning platform in the form of: video, audio, image, slides, apps, links. Further teaching support will also be provided through: video conferencing, instant messaging, email, and file sharing. The in-class component of the program will provide the student a one-on-one interactions platform with faculty as well as industry experts. The in-class sessions will also include seminar on special topics to be delivered by invited experts, lab visits, and examinations.
- Design of Tall Buildings
- Structural Dynamics for Tall Buildings
- Earthquake Engineering for Tall Buildings
- Wind Engineering for Tall Buildings
- Geotechnical Engineering for Tall Buildings
- Construction Technology and Management for Tall Buildings Projects
- Performance Based Seismic Design
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Components
- Design and Application of Smart Systems
- Building Information Modeling
To be eligible for admission to the professional master’s program, an applicant must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), in related fields (Civil Engineering, Architecture)
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Have a good command of English
- Pass an aptitude test specially developed for this program
Satisfactory English Test Score (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, or AIT English Test) or Certificate of University English Medium of Instruction.