|FoS||:||Functional coating, Solar-reflective pigment and coating, Nanostructured materials|
|Phone||:||025646500 ext. 4234|
- Ph.D. – Materials Science and Engineering (Ceramics) January 1999 CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, OH, USA
- M.S. – Materials Science and Engineering (Ceramics) January 1996 CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, OH, USA
- B.Sc. – Chemistry (1st Honor) April 1993 KHON KAEN UNIVERSITY, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Mini MBA September 2002 THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY, Thailand
- Functional coating. This industrial-driven research focuses on hierarchical engineering of surface by mimicking surface feature found in nature, particularly the surface of lotus leaf. The properties of particular interest include self-cleaning, anti-dusting, anti-fouling, antireflection, as well as flame-retardant. The study covers both hierarchical structural design of the coating and chemical composition manipulation that give rise to the desired properties at an acceptable cost. The coatings are deposited by using the dip-coating and spray on methods which are simple, versatile, and can be modified for large-scaled coating for large panels such as solar cells.
- Nanostructured materials. The research covers the synthesis of nanomaterials such as WO3-based nanowires, SnO2 nanorod, TiO2-based nanofibers, and electrospun TiO2 fibers, and covers the application of the nanomaterials for anti-bacterial and depollution.
- Solar-reflective pigments. The NIR reflective pigments (cool pigments) are synthesized by solid-state reaction and be utilized in building envelopes for energy saving.