- Phien-wej N. and C.H. Gan (2003), “ Characteristics of Ground Movements in Deep Excavations with Concrete Diaphragm Walls in Bangkok Soils and their Prediction”, Journal of The Southeast Asian Geotechnical Society, Vol. 34, No. 3, December issue, pp. 167-175.
- Phien-wej N., H. Tanaka and P.H. Giao (2004), “An assessment on soil disturbance of Bangkok clay samples in relation with the intrinsic compression behavior”, Lowland Technology International Vol. 6, No. 2, International Association of Lowland Technology (IALT), 21-31 December 2004, pp 21-31.
- Phienwej, N., Supawiwat, N., Othsu, H. and Takahashi, K. (2004). “Land Subsidence Caused by Groundwater Pumpage in Bangkok ”, Tuti to Kiso: Journal of Japan Geotechnical Society (JGS) August.
- Phien-wej N. and Anwar, S. (2005), “Rock Mass Characterization for the Underground Cavern Design of Khiritharn Pumped Storage Scheme”, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, pp. 175-197.
- Phien-wej N. and Yasamut S. (2005), “Cavern Construction in Weak Rocks at Lam Ta Khong Pump Storage”, Felsbau-Journal for Engineering Geology, Geomechanics and Tunnelling, No. 2/2005 April, pp. 10-17.
- Phien-wej N. and Suwansawat S. (2005), “Geotechnical Experiences in the Design and Construction of the First Bangkok MRT Subway Line”, Felsbau-Journal for Engineering Geology, Geomechanics and Tunnelling, No. 2/2005 April, pp. 18-24.
- Sirivachiraporn A. and Phien-wej N. (2005), “Characteristics and Impacts of Ground Movements in EPB Shield Tunnelling”, Felsbau-Journal for Engineering Geology, Geomechanics and Tunnelling, No. 2/2005 April, pp. 25-31.
- Phien-wej N., Giao P.H. and Thepparak S. (2005), “Prediction of Differential Settlement of Buildings Induced by Land Subsidence from Deep Well Pumping”, Geotechnical Engineering Journal, April, pp. 69-75. – The Tan Seng Bengt Award’s winning paper of SEAGS.
- Phienwej, N., Giao, P.H. and Nutalaya, N. (2006), “Bangkok Land Subsidence”, Engineering Geology, International Journal, Vol. 82, Issue 4, 2 February 2006, pp.187-201
- Registered Civil Engineer (Thailand);
- Chairman, Thai Underground Excavation and Tunnelling Group (1996-present);
- Chairman, Thai Geotechnical Chapter under Engineering Institute of Thailand (1997-2001);
- Member & Editor, Executive Council of Engineering Institute of Thailand (1999-2001);
- Vice Chairman, Civil Engineering Committee of Engineering Institute of Thailand (1993-1995);
- Advisors, Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (1992-2001), Metropolitan Water Works Authority (1988-2001), Metropolitan Electricity Authority (2003-present), Airport Authority of Thailand (1995-1996), Minister of Transport (1993 & 2005)
- Editor, Geotechnical Engineering Journal (2001-present)
- Member of Editorial Board of the Journal of the Austrian Society of Geomechanics-Felsbau (2003-present)
- Member of Asian Regional Technical Committees of the International Society of Soil Mechnanics and Geotechnical Engineering- on Coastal Geotechnical Engineering (1993-1995), on Geotechnology for Natural Hazards (1994-1996) and Geo-information (2002-present).